Weighted blankets are suggested to be 7-14% of your body weight to relax the nervous system by stimulating the feeling of being held or hugged. This increases serotonin and melatonin levels and decreases cortisol levels-improving your mood and promoting restful sleep at the same time.
- Elevates your mood
- Weighted therapy can help increase the levels of serotonin and melatonin overnight.
- Researchers also found that deep pressure significantly decreases cortisol levels. After applying deep pressure, cortisol levels dropped by 31%.
- Fights Insomnia
- Heavy blankets are mostly used for those with autism or sensory processing disorder, but more and more often they are being used for those with sleeping disorders, like insomnia or restless leg syndrome, as well as people who simply would like to improve their sleep overall.
- The soothing effect of a weighted blanket can create a more comfortable environment for falling asleep by imitating the feeling of being swaddled tightly in bed. This close physical connection provides a sense of warmth and safety, making it easier for the body to relax.
- Reduces Anxiety
- A weighted blanket is a safe way to lower your stress level and help you reach a relaxed state.
- The “relaxed state” results from serotonin production, which is necessary to release melatonin – the sleep hormone, which helps determine when we go to sleep and wake up based on our circadian rhythm.
- This means it’ll be faster to fall asleep, reduce anxiety, go into a deeper sleep, and move less throughout the night.
- Triggers Release of Feel-Good Hormones
- Deep pressure touch triggers the release of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin, which are the two major feel-good hormones for your brain. Both these beneficial compounds can combat stress, depression, and anxiety, giving you an emotional pick-me-up after a quick snuggle session.
- Mimics a Hug
- Both hugs and heavy blankets trigger the release of oxytocin, a hormone that slows down your heart rate, reduces blood pressure, and promotes feelings of relaxation.
Benefits of Comfort Pedic Weighted Blanket:
– It is useful for anxiety and stress
– Creates a focus on ADHD
– Alleviates restless leg syndrome
– Enhances sleep quality
– It helps you stay asleep at night
– It makes you fall asleep faster
– Improves mood
– Aids the elderly
– It’s similar to getting a huge hug
– 100% Natural Cotton, Non-toxic Silica Beads
– Ages 3-103 years
What’s in the box
1x Weighted Blanket